Geography based game?

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:19:43 EDT 2012

Hi dunbarx,

dunbarx wrote

> [snip]
> Why not import a nice map or two as a jpeg, and place
> transparent buttons over key locations?
>
> The game could then take many forms, where clicking on
> a country or city could answer a question posed, and
> a correct answer (or not) would be registered.
>
> The game could go in many directions with this simple
> structure, including the other way around from the above,
> and would be an excellent learning tool for you.
>
> Relations and facts among the many geographical sites
> can be exploited in all kinds of ways.

I like this idea. Jpeg bitmaps could work fine in small and
big scale. Instead of buttons, he could use vector graphics
with the shape of the target.

Ideally, he will be able to reuse the same image in different
parts of his card, just like proposed in this message:
http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Recreating-complex-interfaces-and-or-field-formatting-on-preOpenCard-td4650198.html#a4650297

Al