Pining for HC at huffingtonpost

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Jun 9 12:05:27 EDT 2012

This is actually a money problem. Dead tree journalism is increasingly paid on levels befitting a hobby, and website journalism never was paid decently to begin with. This is also why there's such an exploding amount of op-ed and opinion pieces all over the news media: there's no need to do long research or fact checking, so the time spent per word is decreased, and profit margins are increased (this increased profitability is mostly expressed by laying off people, and making one person do the job of previously 3).