Crashing documentation on Linux

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jun 6 17:27:17 EDT 2012

Warren Samples <warren at ...> writes:

> \> That's a very inventive fix, and I'm glad you found a way to address the
> problem. For the benefit of anyone who may see this and be deterred from
> considering Livecode under Linux, I don't have this issue running 4.5.3
> and higher on my system running Linux. (4.5.3 is the earliest version of
> Livecode I have installed currently.)

The problem with the dictionary crashing in linux is with user-added notes. Try
opening the dictionary entry to "repeat". I filed a bug report on this a while
back and it has yet to be addressed. Yes, this shouldn't deter anyone from using
LiveCode on linux, just don't use the dictionary. It's a bit annoying when the
IDE crashes and takes your unsaved work with it.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net