Message order of mouseUp and mouseDoubleUp

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Jun 4 10:16:55 EDT 2012

> on mouseUp
>   wait 20

If you're going to wait, I would suggest not using a hard-coded constant but instead use the 'doubleClickInterval' global property (as in "wait the doubleClickInterval milliseconds"), as it gets the time based on the user's OS settings for double-click speed.

>> I have a button that has handlers for mouseUp and mouseDoubleUp. If the
>> user double clicks the button the mouseUp always gets handled before the
>> mouseDoubleUp.

If it's possible to separate these two into two separate buttons that would be best, as it's usually a bit confusing to the end user; but that said, waiting the doubleClickInterval should do it…

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/