Another 5-out-5 review for LC!

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 3 06:41:19 EDT 2012

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

Kay C. Lan wrote :

>> I haven't written a Stack with multiple Cards in quite a while. Stacks and
>> SubStacks, yes. When was the last time anyone here created a Stack full of
>> Cards?

I came from Hypercard, and have been creating data bases for multiple
reasons for 20 years +. I dig into genealogy quite a lot, and have
many stacks containing multiple cards. My biggest stack does distance
calculation between cities in the world, and has 5000 cards, one for each
city. I certainly could merge all the data into one field and gain some
execution time, but it works fine like it is. As I write songs, I also have
built a song catalogue containing lyrics, MP3 files and video clips, and even
Sacem data, Royalties, etc. for nearly 1000 songs, written withmy composer
colleague.
I reckon I create a multiple card stack about once a week, sometimes used
once only, for selecting, modifying and merging data from the internet sites.
Any excuse is good for spending a day or so in building a stack and furiously
scripting, mostly for pleasure, just to produce a  list of compiled data from
many sources.I even have model stacks and a graveyard of scripts which I use
to build multiple card stacks in record time.

I never got around to using arrays, or any method fur putting data into more
compact forms on single cards. Too lazy to learn, I guess !

-Francis