Hypercard: the missing link to the web

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 20:06:37 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Lynn Fredricks <
lfredricks at proactive-intl.com> wrote:

> Within each product line (Macs, iPod, iPhone, iPad) you have very clear and
> very simple differentiated levels - the low end is cheapest and sports
> fewer
> features,

Very interesting you should write that, that way. If I have my timeline
right, I think at the time HC got axed was about same time SJ walked into a
managers meeting, drew a simple cross on a whiteboard dividing it into 4
squares  and placed the iMac and iBook (MacBook) in the top two, and the
PowerBook (MacBook Pro) and PowerMac (G5, Mac Pro) in the bottom two
squares. A stylised version of it became part of their ad campaign.

Which then brings me full circle to another thread on this List about where
OS X is headed, and my feeling that '...and a touch sensitive screen' will
be part of the future OS X requirement.

The 4 square focus seems to have shifted markedly.