Hypercard: the missing link to the web

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 04:41:00 EDT 2012

:)  I know they (and you) are here!  I even remember the days when Ms.
De Voto used to also grace this list.  And, of course, the late, great
Eric Chatonet.

It is all those coulda-woulda-shouldas over at Ars Technica I was
referring to.  After all, I was able to discover Runrev by accident 10
years back, when I followed up a reference to it on a mailing list for
a little-known relational database.  If someone with no knowledge and
no experience of Hypercard could find Runrev, you'd think that all
those people on Ars Technica would have found Runrev by now.  After
all, Ars is hardly a website about HTML for Dummies.

I see the editor at Ars has at least had the good sense to highlight
an informative comment about Livecode.  That balances the article
better.

Bernard