QuickTime on Windows

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Jul 30 18:45:38 EDT 2012

Hi Jacque:

Is QuickTime is installed or not?

You say the system is XP -- way, way back, issues sometimes cropped up with
players and filepaths.  I would imagine these were probably fixed by now,
but FWIW, here are two notes I had saved as possible workarounds:

-- use an absolute file reference with "file"
set fileName of player 1 to \
  "file:///volumes/primary/users/name/really_long_filename_here.mp3"

-- swap out space characters with html
replace space with "%20" in tURL

Can't say these will help but they're simple so maybe worth a try.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design