Performance issues with setting the image source

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Jul 30 14:38:11 EDT 2012

I have a scrolling list field which I'm populating with lines of text and
also setting the imagesource of up 5 chars.  It turns out that it takes an
average of about one tenth of a second per line to set the imagesources, so
to populate the field with 100 lines takes 10 seconds.

These images become hotspots for the user to click on and I would like to
stick with that as a user interface if possible but the length of time it's
taking is obviously not acceptable.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how improve the
performance or perhaps another technique to show image hotspots in a line
of text.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>