standalone building and externals as inclusions

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 30 14:16:08 EDT 2012

On 7/29/12 1:25 PM, Dar Scott wrote:
> How does the standalone builder integrate externals into a standalone?

It creates a folder named "Externals" in the same folder as the
engine/mainstack. On Mac, that's inside the bundle. On Windows it's next
to the standalone.

However, there is (was?) a bug where the external files themselves
didn't actually get copied. You have to move them there yourself after
the build.

> In particular, where does it insert them in the path?

Into the back, I believe.

> And does it use one object per external or one for all?

I'm not sure what this means. The externals are available in the file
directory and your scripts load them into RAM. They aren't "attached" to
any stacks per se, though you can use the externals property of a stack
to tell the engine to automatically load them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com