Preview of Resolution Independent Control library for RevMobile

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Jul 30 13:14:12 EDT 2012

In addition to the recent discussion, the hope would be to create a
responsive interface layout: one that adapts to different screen
dimensions/proportions.  A good analogy is responsive web design
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_design), where the layout changes
based on size thresholds.

Between client work and talking about the issue with list members, one
option for thresholds I had proposed is the following:

320x480
480x800
540x960
768x1024
800x1280

Once the dimensions of a device exceed one of the above thresholds, the
layout changes to the next threshold, which could involve simple size
adjustments, or proportional scaling.  But detecting screen dimensions is
not enough -- screen resolution throws a wrench into all of this.  Hopefully
between discussion on the list and developments on the RunRev side, we can
figure out a solution.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director