Can't PASTE into fields

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 22:28:26 EDT 2012

Hi,

Still puzzled by this....

> On stack I've created, a simple card database of campers, I can type
> into the text fields. But I can't PASTE into them.
>
> In other stacks and substacks, paste works.
>
> Can't figure out why.

Then help came from RLG with Q:

Is this in the IDE or in a standalone? Is there an edit menu with a
paste command available? It sounds like nothing is trapping the keystroke.

----- reply ----

This is in both the IDE and the standalone.
There was an edit menu -- but then I nuked it. Still broken.
In the substacks of the same project, the paste and cut and copy work
fine with the keyboard shortcuts as one would expect.

When I put a new field onto any card in that stack, the same broken
behaviors happens.

For example, a student has the same phone number for cell phone and
emergency contact. I'd love to be able to select the phone # from the
one field, copy it, and paste it into the other field. But it won't
work.

Or, seeking to select a student's name from one card. Double click
works to highlight the names, as expected. Then go to another card and
paste the name into a "sibling" field. No paste occurs.

I can type in a phone number 444-222-1111. Then select it with click
and drag. Then hit the backspace key and it is deleted.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark.Rauterkus at gmail.com
PPS Summer Dreamers' Swim and Water Polo Camp Head Coach with
Neighborhood Learning Alliance

http://NeighborhoodLearning.org

http://Rauterkus.blogspot.com
http://FixPA.wikia.com