Saving data with a Stand Alone

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 22:08:26 EDT 2012

Hi,

How does a Developer write a stack so that the Stand Alone Application
can save that updated version of the stack, really?

So, I get that the Stand Alone is "Read Only." Or, I think I get it.????

I want to write a LC application and have it passed to a "coach" on a
Flash Drive as a stand alone. Then I want that person, "coach," to be
able to add cards, input data and such about the kids. As of now in my
newbie ways -- as that person quits the stand alone application,
nothing is getting saved. No new file is made. No SAVING is happening.

Of course, when I use the DEVELOPMENT environment, things get saved
from session to session. But, not so in the Stand Alone environments.

I get how to put "Save" into a pull-down menu. File --> Save, etc.
seems to work. My navigation buttons work with the MenuPick.

on menuPick itemPicked
   switch itemPicked
      case "Save"
         Save this stack as "Kids4Flash"
         break

      case "Photo Maker"
         go to stack "Photo Maker"
         break
      case "Navigate to Thumbs"
         go to stack "Thumbnails for kids"
         break
      case "Quit"
         -- do quit stuff here
         break
      case "List Squads"
         go to stack "Squad Maker"
         break
      case "Remote Data"
         go to stack "Sync from Web"
         break
   end switch
end menuPick

Thanks for your help.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark.Rauterkus at gmail.com
PPS Summer Dreamers' Swim and Water Polo Camp Head Coach with
Neighborhood Learning Alliance

http://NeighborhoodLearning.org

http://Rauterkus.blogspot.com
http://FixPA.wikia.com