For crying out loud: messages on create card.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jul 23 11:03:00 EDT 2012

Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> This stack has a lengthy script (thousands of lines), but openCard &
> closeCard are empty (to intercept before the main stack).
>
> This stack starts with a simple placeholder card, which is removed o ce a
> "real" card is created (this is the output stack).
>
> I forget whether I saved the milliseconds inside or outside of the
> lock/unlock messages.
>
> The only background is a small group of 4 nav buttons.

Unless the stack has many thousands of cards, chances are there's a
script in play that you haven't caught.

You might consider using my "4W Flight Recorder" tool to find the
culprit.  It's in the Stacks section of RevNet - in the IDE see
Development->Plugins->GoRevNet

Click "Start Recording", do the action that creates a card, then click
"Stop Recording" and review the results, which will be a list of
messages and handlers triggered during the recording, nested for easy
identification of the calling chain.  Double-clicking any line in that
list will open the script referenced there.

Let us know what you find.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World