breakdown of my book (LiveCode Mobile Development)...

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sun Jul 22 10:44:26 EDT 2012

I wouldn't go so far as to say I did "best practices"! Björnke can tell you (he's one of the two reviewers, Andreas being the other) that I did a few things in a way that wasn't how he would have done them!

For much of the book, where it's talking about installing SDKs and the like, there are not really any alternate ways of doing things. For the LiveCode though, I did some things in a way that would be easiest for a beginner to follow. As an example I may well have used "repeat with" when a best practicing LiveCoder would use "repeat for each", because I was illustrating something else at the time, and didn't want to get into explaining why "repeat for each" would be a favored way to do the same thing.

Both reviewers made comments about code things, and where possible I adjusted it in a way that would still be easy enough to follow, but that would answer their criticism. I'm quite sure there will still be a bunch of things in there that are dubious, and I'm looking forward to some lengthy debates here in the future!