RevMobile: Native controls

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Jul 21 20:28:16 EDT 2012

Hi Monte,

Landscape should work just fine-- it's the rotation which can possibly
cause problems. One way to do this is with 2 stacks. Another way to do it
is with a large square stack and different cards. The library has the
ability to render objects on all cards at startup, or using a preOpenCard
handler-- this way if you have a lot of cards and/or controls on cards, you
can defer the scaling to as needed.

I'll post the beta version of the plugin and framework today and you can
try it out.

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com
> wrote:

> Hi chipp
>
> Thanks for the video. This looks like a really helpful tool and I'm keen
> to get my hands on it.
>
> Do you have any ideas for handling landscape and tablet views? For tablets
> I think in most cases you would want a different stack so using a main
> stack with most of the code and a handheld and tablet substack would work.
> For landscape we need to be able to reposition the same controls, hide
> some, show some etc. So it's more like a profile. In some cases just
> resizing will work. But it would be nice to have a when in landscape move
> here or hide/show or something option.
>
> Also screen density on android is a headache because a high density phone
> could be higher res than a low density tablet. What are your thoughts on
> dealing with that?
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> M E R Goulding
> Software development services
>
> mergExt - There's an external for that!
>
> On 21/07/2012, at 9:56 PM, Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:
>
> > Monte,
> >
> > I agree with you. We all know by now that Apple discourages using faux
> > Apple-like controls UNLESS they are pixel perfect and strictly follow the
> > Apple UI guidelines. But, they readily accept different interfaces as
> long
> > as they are well done. Plus, being able to code one GUI and have it run
> on
> > all favors of iOS and Android seems to be a wonderful approach. Check out
> > my latest resizing library (using part of Ken's stsResizeLib).
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY6r46O0cVA
> >
> > --
> > Chipp Walters
> > CEO, Altuit, Inc.