grRevAppIcon and the icons used buidling standalones

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jul 21 00:11:56 EDT 2012

On 7/20/12 3:26 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> I found directions and created an icon file, which is used building
> standalones.
>
> This doesn't, however, set gRevAppIcon.

Right, it wouldn't. gRevAppIcon is a LiveCode global variable that the
dialog stacks access. Since it's a variable, it needs to be set in a
script. Usually that's done as part of a mainstack initializing handler.

> Is there a civilized way to use the "standardized" mac Icon Composer,
> or otherwise link these?

It isn't linked to the app icon, it's a LiveCode image. Import the icon
image into your stack and set the variable to the image ID. It behaves
like any button icon.

> I also noticed that Icon Composer doesn't produce the 64x64 size that
> livecode wants, but instead jumps from 128 to 32.

Since it's just an imported image, generally it's made in an image editor.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com