The future of LiveCode

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Fri Jul 20 16:44:41 EDT 2012

I signed up for the Business Academy videos and went through them each
day as the links arrived in my in box. I felt they were excellent in
several ways:

  * each one was no more than 4-5 minutes long at the most. For busy
    people that's an ideal length.
  * they contain no fluff - they get right down to business. I didn't
    have to endure any bloviating about the superiority of the product.
    Instead I simply saw what can be done with it, which speaks much
    louder than words.
  * they came to me daily for 60 days, so over time I developed a sense
    of familiarity or community with the 2 or 3 (mostly Kevin) who did
    the presentations. In my mind "community" is another way to say
    "buy-in". I thought the series was a wonderful marketing tool.
  * I learned a few new tricks! Even an old dog like me.

Phil Davis

On 7/20/12 1:07 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Kevin Miller wrote:
>> In the mean time, have you tried the Business Academy? It is our 4th
>> "revision" of the Academy concept and has been the most successful by
>> far
>> at providing the information new (and even existing) users need in
>> bite-sized chunks.
>
> +100
>
> I've recommended the Business Academy to many friends and clients, and
> each one of them has told me it's been very valuable indeed.
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World
>  LiveCode training and consulting: http://www.fourthworld.com