Hanoi Tower programming challenge...

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Jul 19 19:37:03 EDT 2012

I just read up on this. Honestly, if someone had asked me to come up with a programmatical solution to this physical problem, I could not do it to save my life. I don't know why. I consider myself to be fairly intelligent, but I cannot turn physical problems like this into a formula.

I stumbled at this on a lot of tests in school. Whenever it got to these kinds of problems I would stop dead in my tracks, even when the teacher said to skip over the problems we could not solve. I tried to work out the relationships of the physical problem to the mathemetical expression of it and I could not go on until I "saw" in my head how it all worked and why.

I could probably get through the physical puzzle fine and "see" why it had to work that way, but to convert it to a formula is quite beyond me. <sigh> Very frustrating. This is probably why I could never be a very good developer, at least when it comes to this sort of thing.

Bob