Why killing Media was killing an investment in the future

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 16:45:59 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:
> It's my personal opinion that we ought to be making a much bigger effort to improve
> education across the board, and no, more money does not accomplish that
> goal. California has one of the highest per capita budgets for education, and yet
> one of the worst records.

reaching for my economics professor's hat . . .

It's not just California.  For the US as a whole, there is a negative
correlation between educational spending and results.

Also, there are serious problems with the way data is reported.
Nevada appears at the bottom of a spending list because it's school
construction goes into a separate budget, and doesn't get counted as
educational spending like most states . . .

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
HawkinsLawFirm at gmail.com