Why killing Media was killing an investment in the future

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Jul 19 15:31:06 EDT 2012

> I need to repeat again, what I have posted before:
> To gain a foothold in the schools, this platform have to
> convince the leaders to use LiveCode, not the followers.

I think its important to narrow down what schools you are talking about
(K-12 vs else), and the relative importance of computer programming
education among the leaders.

I don't think there's any question that a career in computer programming,
built on a good start in K-12 can lead many to well paying jobs. However
K-12 is struggling to provide the basics (with programs like Art, Music, PE,
etc being cut) in many markets. It isn't a question of "what programming
language do we teach?" it is "do we offer programming classes at all?".

The leaders need to be in a position where they can select platforms based
on competitiveness rather than focusing all decisions just on survival. They
exist - and those are the ones that can be convinced.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software