multiple card alignment tool

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Thu Jul 19 14:29:50 EDT 2012

Ok, let's assume the controls are unique on each card.  First, we need an
object that is common on all cards, so we create a box and group it
(include a cross-hair at the center of you like). Name the group
"grpMyAlignmentObject", then place the group on each card.  Simply move it,
and it moves on each card.  Go to each card and use the normal alignment
pallet.  Take care to turn off 'select grouped controls' or your alignment
group will also get altered.

Make it smarter by including inside the common group, a list field that
collects the names of objects on the card 'on openCard' so you can also
select invisible objects.  Go even further and make a plugin or drop-tool
from this multi-card alignment group.  Now we are close to what Monte asked
for, a tool to make it easier.

~Roger