Android: mobileControlSet

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jul 19 13:16:02 EDT 2012

On 7/19/12 2:25 AM, Dan Friedman wrote:
> Man, I don't know what I am doing wrong!
>
> Here's EXACTLY what I am doing:
>
>   put specialFolderPath("engine") & "/userGuide/" & pFileName into fURL
>   put "file:" & fURL into fURL
>   answer (url (fURL)) --to test that it can read the file, and that the file is there
>   mobileControlSet sBrowserId,"url",fURL
>
> When this runs on my Android device, I get a answer dialog of the
> text
> of the html document. So, it has to be reading the file that is in the
> right place! But, I get a "Webpage not available" message in the browser.

All I can think of is to rename the file to a single word and see if
that works. If not, look at the content of the file and see if the html
might be incompatible somehow. Try a simple file with the bare minimum
html to see if you can get that to display. Or put the file on your
server and see if the default Android browser can open it.

Stabs in the dark.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com