Hanoi Tower programming challenge...

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Thu Jul 19 07:50:15 EDT 2012

Showing stuff on screen in LC is always surprisingly code intensive, So text only approaches probably win here. Here's a C code that I transcribed into LC, because I'm lazy and everyone knows that c is the laziest language of them all ;)

Also I'm amused by all the old geezer complaining that the challenge is not worth much, and therefore no one should try to do it xD

on mouseUp
   put "" into field 1
   doTheTower 6,"pole 1", "pole 2", "pole 3"
end mouseUp

on doTheTower thePiece, p1, p2, p3
   if thePiece > 1 then doTheTower thePiece-1, p1, p3, p2
   put "move piece" && thePiece && "from" && p1 && "to" && p2 & return after field 1
   if thePiece > 1 then doTheTower thePiece-1, p3, p2, p1
end doTheTower

Note that this is an artificially shortened version, which actually looks like this:

on doTheTower thePiece, p1, p2, p3
   if thePiece = 1 then
      put  "move piece " && thePiece && "from" && p1 && "to" && p2 & return after field 1
   else
      doTheTower thePiece-1, p1, p3, p2
      put  "move piece " && thePiece && "from" && p1 && "to" && p2 & return after field 1
      doTheTower thePiece-1, p3, p2, p1
   end if
end doTheTower