[ANN] New custom control > OS X Lion async png progress bar (on RevOnline)

Rolf Kocherhans rolf.kocherhans at id.uzh.ch
Thu Jul 19 05:50:45 EDT 2012

I was also testing RevOnline with a Stack (157K) and the upload worked :-) !

LiveCode does not give us the nice blue animated progress bar Lion has,
the one we have - is only static !

I never liked this, animated progress bars make the user believe that the
waiting time is up to 11% shorter.

http://www.newscientist.com/video/76695476001-progress-bar-illusion.html

I wanted to fiddle with png animation for a while, since I now needed a progress bar
for a self updating application, I decided to try to create one.

Because I learned so much from both lists and people are constantly helping everybody
I like to share it with all of you :-) !

Find instructions on how to use it in the stack itself (under the question mark),
Download the stack from RevOnline (->User Samples) from within LiveCode
(the Stack file format is 2.7).

Enjoy !
Rolf