Hanoi Tower programming challenge...

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jul 18 22:36:16 EDT 2012

Colin-

> In another tool's email list there is a thread going on about how
> it was possible to solve the Hanoi Tower puzzle in under 20 lines.
> Without getting too crazy it was possible to solve the problem in 16
> lines of code. With a little craziness it could be done in 13 lines.

> Assuming you have any idea what I'm talking about, how many lines
> of LiveCode would you need to print out all the steps of solving a
> Hanoi Tower game?

Well, my problem with questions like this is that it's certainly
possible to cram a lot of dreck into a small number of lines in any
programming language, but at the expense of readability. If you look
at the 16-line or 13-line program in another six weeks, do you really
think you can figure out what it's doing? I could probably cram the
whole Tower of Hanoi puzzle into one line of javascript.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net