Front Scripts

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Jul 18 17:02:36 EDT 2012

On Jul 18, 2012, at 2:50 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> It may just need to be more prominent - in the section on Backscripts it includes:
>
>   In LiveCode all libraries and backScripts can freely call
>   each others' handlers by name, with the order of insertion
>   only coming into play in the event that two scripts contain
>   handlers of the same name; in such cases libraries take
>   precedence over backscripts, and scripts inserted first
>   take precedence over scripts inserted later.

From the dictionary:

> Objects added to the front or back are placed at the start of the frontScripts or backScripts list:  the last-inserted object gets messages first.

It would be nice to insert into the back of backScripts, but I don't think that is the simple 'insert' behavior.  I think I checked this one time.  Maybe I'm reading your paragraph wrong.  My sentences seem to evolve and take on lives of their own during editing.

The sentence on order for stack libraries in the dictionary is confusing, so I'm not sure what it is saying about order.

Dar