Junior App Developer (FlexibleLearning)

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 12:28:16 EDT 2012

Hi Bob,

slylabs13 wrote

> One could surmise that there are so many knowledgable developers
> busily working on projects that they have not had time to read the
> forum. What would worry me more is if everyone had all the time in
> the world to respond!

Could you believe it that when I read your last sentence,
inmediatly I though about the Adobe Flash community?

These developers are really pissed off with Adobe:
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/adobe-systems-shantanu-narayen-to-step-down-as-ceo

It's not everyday that you see the absolute leader in a software
category to abandon their business to be in good terms with
a hardware company...

Wait... Why I am mentioning Adobe Flash in this mail list???
Because this abandonement of Adobe Flash in the mobile
platform will be regarded as one of the major blunders in
the History of Software development...
Instead of hiring the best Assembler's developers for ARM
processors, and produce the fastest player possible in any
platform, they simply give up. How sad. How shortsighted.

If RunRev could learn something of these events is:
LiveCode should not TRY to please everyone, at expense
of annoying all their customer base. For example...

If RunRev believe that this platform have a good chance
in the Mobile Game arena, then they should fork another
product devoted specifically to game development with:
Fewer mouse messages than in LiveCode, a primary focus
in screen redraws and NO more typeless variables...

Al