Right click HIG

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Jul 16 12:29:55 EDT 2012

My current solution is to include information from the right-clicked line
in the popup menu items, e.g. if the line included a person's name, the
popup menu items would include the name as part of their options, like
"Show details for Peter Haworth".

I tried framing a line in a scrolling list field a while back but had a
hard time making it work well.  The circumstances were a little more
complex in that I was framing a vraiable number of contiguous lines, some
of which might not be visible.  I used a rectangle graphic and tried to
position it around the lines in question but I seem to recall it wasn't
straightforward figuring out the exact position of the lines in pixels so I
could position the rectangle.  Seems like a way to refer to the rectangle
of a line in a field would be useful.  Of course, it wouldn't surprise me
if there is such a thing and I just don't know about it!

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>