[OT] Between the lines of the previous post.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 14:27:07 EDT 2012

On 07/15/2012 09:13 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> That made me laugh so hard, and then I went on to read it.
>
> I understand the logic of bottom posting, but the issue of mobile users and Mail previews does make top posting useful.

Surely there is a terminological hiatus here, and to avoid ambiguity we
should be talking about

preposting, postposting and inposting (or, possibly, imposting).

-----

However, a small boy who attends my English school told me the reason he
had not brought the letter
he was writing was because it was "in his grandmother" [this being a
literal translation of the
way Bulgarian's say "at Granny's house"]; needless to say I used that
wonderful opportunity to discuss
the topic of "bottom posting" and its effect on kids' grades.

-----

When I was working at St Andrews there was a golf story going the rounds
(I mean, why not, at St Andrews ???):

3 American golfers and a wee Scots lad to carry their golf bags.

1. Boy hears a mobile phone ringing; chap starts talking to his hand:
other chap explains
he has a phone embedded in his hand.

2. Boy hears a mobile phone ringing; chap starts talking to himself:
other chap explains
he has a phone embedded inside his head.

3. 3rd American runs into the bushes and drops his trousers/pants: other
chap explains,

"He's just downloading some software."

Q.E.D. I rest my case.