Strange LiveCode reaction - Could be a (not very important) bug ?

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jul 15 07:44:40 EDT 2012

Hi from Rainy (but Beautiful) Brittany

Strange LiveCode reaction - Could be a bug ?

LiveCode 5.5 Build 1479 on Mac OS X Lion.

Launch LiveCode
Create a New Mainstack
Select "Rulers" from the "View" menu
Horizontal and vertical rulers appear.
You can close the window with the tiny red icon at the top
of the mainStack window, OR with the "Close" option of
the "File" menu.

BUT - instead, select "Quit LiveCode" to exit the app.
(You may ask, why would I want to do that ? Well, because
I found I had something more important to do !!).

Part of the ruler disappears, sometimes the horizontal,
sometimes the vertical, but the mainStack is still there.
LiveCode freezes - no menus can be selected.
Can't select the Apple (left menu) either.
By clicking OUTSIDE the mainStack (the deskTop, for
example), you can however select the "Force Quit" option
in the Apple menu, and then quit LiveCode.
LiveCode is NOT shown as "Not Responding" in red.
Clicking back inside the mainStack locks all the menus again.

Curiouser and Curiouser !!!
And I can duplicate the problem ad vitam eternam.

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"