Some Articles on LiveCode

Rod McCall rodmccall491 at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 15 07:11:59 EDT 2012

Dear Fellow LiveCoders,

It has often been discussed here and indeed during my time at RR that
LiveCode is a perfect tool for usability based work. Well I have
decided to embrace that idea by writing a few articles which will
appear over the coming months at random intervals and will be based on
real experiences.I am coming back to LiveCode after many years and the
other team members are totally new to it! Hence it's a learning
experience all round.

The articles will mainly look at how LiveCode stacks up against Python
and in particular how both tools fit into a team which consists of
range of backgrounds including CS, HCI and more traditional
psychology. In terms of topics, we are interested in rapid GUI
prototyping as well as actually developing (through iterative design
and contextual inquiry) a range of systems including: mobile apps, HCI
researcher tools, in-car simulation environments and location aware
games. As you can see this is quite diverse! Hopefully the articles
will stimulate discussion as I am also interested in your experiences
of using LiveCode within projects where end-user experience is key and
where the team of people involved in the development is quite diverse.

Link to first article: http://rodmc.com/?p=771

Also on  a different note we are running a design competition that
will let people come up with a game concept that connects the people
of Luxembourg and Athens via a mixed reality game - which may include
location-based elements. My blog has a link to the competition website
as well. The competition itself is open to anyone.

Cheers,

rod
--
Dr Rod McCall
Researcher in in-car, mixed reality technology and gaming