mergExt pricing changes and free externals

Andrew Henshaw henshaw at me.com
Sat Jul 14 16:56:59 EDT 2012

It may not be complicated (to you!) but its a huge hole in Livecode for me at the moment!

Ive stopped writing for the Mac App Store as its impossible to access files outside of the sandbox without the security scoped bookmarks,  if an external existed that allowed it (even though it should be in the main livecode product imo) that would be amazing.

I use a couple of externals already to validate the MAS reciepts,  and provide the interface to the Intel App Up store,  but any other externals that opened up access to more stores would be good.

Other externals that would be nice on the desktop right now for me would include...

- Dropbox (as previous mentioned),  because its a real pain inside a mac sandboxed app to use from Livecode otherwise!
- A barcode scanner that could use the macs camera
- Touch screen support for Windows 8.

I really hope this works out for you Monte.  Livecode has grown to be a genuine option for mobile development now,  and your tools absolutely,  and without any doubt in my mind fill in the missing gaps and extend the functionality immensely.

Good luck with it all!

Andy