validating "per use" licensing

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 13:31:44 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/14/2012 06:35 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> What is a barrister?

It's a british half-a-lawyer, I think :)

>I don't think we have those sort of beasts in Scotland,
> although
> we do have writers to the signet.

Do they both give advice and appear in court?

And if so, to which century do they dress?

:)

> Well and true.
>
> Notwithstanding that, my grandfather, Dr Richmond McIntosh (M.D.) was
> bothe real medical doctor (i.e. not just an M. B.) and contributed to
> knowldge (search for his stuff
> in the BMJ on the internet).

Prior to the modern MD, there was a real M.D., just like the Ph.D.,
L.L.D., D.D. (the four learned professions)

Watering down the title was a reasonable exchange for replacing the
barbers for primary medical care . . .

I'll acknowledge and agree that an M.D. who has either published in a
journal or developed and circulated (not just patented and charged
licensing fees) is a doctor.

I have a couple of friends with joint M.D. Ph.D.   I refer to them as
"the only physicians I know who are real doctors" . . .

:)

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.