validating "per use" licensing

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 10:15:46 EDT 2012

On 07/14/2012 03:58 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:
> So which is it? Esquire or Doctor or Lawyer? Man, that's a lot of hats.
>
> On Friday, July 13, 2012, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
>
>> < snip >
>> The Hawkins Law Firm
>> Richard E. Hawkins, Esq

Presumably it is "Dr Hawkins", although Dr Hawkins seems not to
understand how
to use titles, as one only puts "Esq." (notice the full-stop) after the
name of somebody
who is male, over 21 and does NOT have a doctorate (or, in the case of a
physician, an MB).

On writing to somebody who has "Esq." after their name one usually
begins a letter:

Dear Mr XXXX

Although my inclination in the case of somebody who seems to be trying
to be pompous by
putting "Esq." after their own name (which one doesn't do; one calls
oneself "Mr" and they address the envelope "Richmond Mathewson. Esq.")
is to address them in one of the following ways:

"Oi Mate"

"Hey You"

or

"Me Old Mucker"

Love, kisses and 'we now live in the 21st century', Mr Richmond Mathewson.