finding the mousecolor in IOS

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Fri Jul 13 01:35:02 EDT 2012

I haven't had time to pursue any of this yet, but do you think the gamma
would explain why I'm getting different values with Scott's routine versus
the built-in mouseColor function? Btw, I'm using an imported image that I
haven't modified in any way.

This is all so I can build my own color picker for IOS.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Colin Holgate <coiin at verizon.net> wrote:

> Try this line before doing the snapshot:
>
> set the screengamma to 2.23
>
> LiveCode changes the values in image data depending on the color settings
> of the screen, and doing a snapshot of the card's graphics is likely to
> lead to different data.
>

> On Jul 12, 2012, at 7:23 PM, Howard Bornstein <bornstein at designeq.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I did a quick test of this, outputting the color from both your function
> > and from mouseColor to compare. While your function is close, it isn't
> > giving me the same colors as mouseColor.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein