In Search of the Lonesome Yodel (PDF)

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 15:30:58 EDT 2012

On 07/09/2012 10:26 PM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:
> Hi Richmond,
>
> When you have to import documents with
> editable text and nice formatting, just use:
> http://curryk.com/wordlib.html
>
> When you have to import vector graphics with
> transparency, just convert them to SVG using
> Inkscape and use:
> http://revonline2.runrev.com/stack/112/SVGL
>
> When you have to import Adobe Ilustrator files
> as those found in really old Compact Disk Clipart
> collections use:
> http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/Eps_Import_V05B.zip
>
> Probably there are more options, but these are the stacks
> about I am aware until now. Please add more options if
> you know about them.

Those are great.

BUT my "Lonesome Yodel" is an attempt to try to import the data from a
PDF document into Livecode
in some more meaningful and manageable way than the "gobbledegook" that
results if you import a PDF file as a text document.

So, I tried via exporting a PDF file to EPS, and then . . . .

I am aware that 'somebody' could write a PDF parser that would convert
that imported text back into something resembling the PDF where it
originated; however I, for one, am a lazy trout and would try
my best to avoid that.