PDF Forms

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 03:10:40 EDT 2012

Talking out of my bottom, again:

 >This is a recurrent question, unfortunately.
 >At present, as far as I know, the only possibility is to load a PDF as
an image, a page at a time;
 >at which point it is "ungettable-at" as text. Sorry to be such a damp
squib.
 >Probably the only way to deal with PDF documents effectively is via an
intermediate application. >Richmond.

You can import a PDF form as Text (at least under Linux), HOWEVER, what
you get in just the same as if
you open a PDF using a text-editor.

Therefore, to utilise a PDF document imported as a textField you have to
write all sorts of 'jolly'
routines to process that text.

That in and of itself should not be that problematic. after all stuff
like this:

 ><field h="7.32pt"

is not uninterpretable.

stuff like this:

416 168
0000000016 00000 n

might stick in one's throat after a bit.

However the whole thing would be pretty tedious and time-consuming.

Richmond.