PDF Forms

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 02:50:12 EDT 2012

On 07/09/2012 05:43 AM, Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel wrote:
> I have researched in the forums a little bit but have not really found
> a solid solution so I will post it here.  Is there any robust PDF
> solution for LiveCode?  I have a series of PDF forms that I need to
> apply field data to these forms and save them back out as PDFs.  Most
> of the forms are also password protected as well so when reading them
> in I would need to be able to pass the password along to the document.

This is a recurrent question, unfortunately.

At present, as far as I know,  the only possibility is to load a PDF as
an image, a page at a time; at which point it is "ungettable-at" as text.

Sorry to be such a damp squib.

Probably the only way to deal with PDF documents effectively is via an
intermediate application.

Richmond.