which Linux?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Jul 5 12:01:07 EDT 2012

OS X is all UNIX now, so that was included in the statement. I suppose I overstated the case. Yes it's only a problem with files coming from somewhere else, but that is what I frequently deal with as an IT administrator. Most people will not see the issue.

Still, I think Apple should have adopted implicit Inheritance ACL's a long time ago. As is, they use Explicit Inheritance, and have only in the last couple of years adopted ACL's on client file systems.

Bob