which Linux?

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Mon Jul 2 21:33:53 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:

> I'm going to demo LiveCode to colleagues on Thursday, and one point I want
> to make is about how cross platform it is. I can show Mac, Windows, iOS,
> and Android, but I'm not set up for showing Linux.
>
> For just the purposes of showing how LiveCode apps can work on Linux,
> which one should I use?

I still like Ubuntu 10.10, even though it is a bit dated.  I especially
like http://elementaryos.org/  (which is Ubuntu-based).
Regardless of the version, you will want to either demo on a 32-bit version
(easiest), or add the 32-bit libs to a 64-bit installation.  ElementaryOS
has an OS X inspired look without appearing to be another cheap copy-cat.
 Much fresh design has gone into this distro.

~Roger