Android: List Field and Native Scroller

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Mon Jul 2 20:21:26 EDT 2012

Ok... Finally got the Android simulator working and things are humming along.  Next question/issue...

I have a list field in a group with a native scroller attached to the group.  I have a mouseDown handler in the list field dealing with when the user taps a line.  However, when you attempt to scroll the group (in the simulator) it doesn't scroll -  it just highlights the line and the mouseDown fires.  iOS doesn't react this way (perhaps because of the delayTouches property in the iOS native scroller).

Is there a way around this?  I know there must be...  How do you get it to scroll when it should scroll, and "tap" when it should tap?

As a side question:  I am looking for a good Android device to test with.  If you were looking for a good overall Android device - just for testing (you already have iPhones and iPads up the kazoo) - what would you recommend?  I was thinking of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.  Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
-Dan