Detect data scroll in a datagrid

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Jan 31 19:26:47 EST 2012

> Hi all.
>
> I know I can detect dgScrollBarDragV, but that gets sent whether or not the actual data scrolls. It is possible to move the elevator box a slight bit and not have it effect the data in the datagrid. I only want to know what the visible data has changed. Any ideas? I already looked through the DG library and anything I might have used there seems to be private commands and functions.
>
> Bob

Ok so far I have a fairly workable solution, but it is behaving oddly. The script I put into the datagrid is this:

on dgScrollbarDragV theScrollValue
    put the lastVisLines of me into theLasVisLines -- custom prop
    put the dgVisibleLines of me into theVisibleLines

    if theLasVisLines is not theVisibleLines then
        -- do whatever
    end if

    set the lastVisLines of me to theVisibleLines
    pass dgScrollbarDragV
end dgScrollbarDragV

If I drag the elevator box fairly fast it works, but if I drag it slowly it will not. It's workable, but ti would be better if I knew there was a message that got sent when the datagrid repopulated. Oh well.

Bob