Trouble with 'there is a'

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Jan 26 17:13:26 EST 2012

I'm  using LS 5.0.2. on Windows XP (OK, running under Parallels on a Mac). I'm getting unexpected results from the 'there is..' series of functions/commands - the dictionary says they're implemented as functions, which I can understand.

As a very simple test, in the message box I put:

   put (if there is a folder (the defaultFolder))

expecting to get 'true'. Instead I get the totally unexpected result:

   161,426,1,return (if there is a folder (the defaultFolder))

I suppose it's my fault, but what does this mean? Just to be clear, 'the default folder' does have a value - it's:

  C:/Program Files/RunRev/LiveCode 5.0.2

Puzzled

Graham