Revlets on the web

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 25 23:52:47 EST 2012

On 1/25/12 6:34 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:
> Addendum to previous post.
>
> I upgraded FireFox to the latest version and now I get a message that
> Fire Fox needs to restart in 32 bit mode to run my revlet.
>
> What can I do to the image in the revlet to avoid this problem?

Nothing, the problem isn't in the content of your revlet. New operating
systems use 64-bit processors and the revlet needs to be recompiled by
the LiveCode engine as a 64-bit application to be compatible. That can
only be done by RR, it's an engine thing.

As Bob mentioned, you can set Safari to run in 32-bit mode in Snow
Leopard by ticking the checkbox in Safari's "Get Info" dialog in the
Finder. I don't think that's available in Lion (I don't run Lion, but I
think that's what I heard.)

That said, apparently Till set Safari to run in 32-bit mode and it
didn't help. Some other browsers are also incompatible with revlets
right now, so for the time being there's not much we can do.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com