AW: How can I copy from one stack to another with identical names?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Jan 24 12:22:34 EST 2012

Sometimes if the app I am pasting into is not open when I copy, the app does not seem to be aware of the correct contents of the clipboard. This can especially be true if you have some kind of Office app installed, but I cannot state that for a certainty because I have never fully tested that theory.

One way to do it might be to write an applescript that does a file copy. Then insert a frontScript that closes the first stack and removes it from memory, then opens the copy. I mention the frontScript because I am pretty sure you cannot continue to run a script in a stack that has been removed from memory.

Bob