Opening a Supercard file in Livecode?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jan 24 10:17:45 EST 2012

Pete wrote:

> All good points.  I guess I'm thinking of a different situation that
> multiple people working on the same project.  When someone reports a bug
> that crept into a particular version of an application, it would be useful
> to see what changes were made to the stack that might have introduced the
> bug.

That's a very good point.

It shouldn't be too hard to write a tool that can examine two sets of
stack files and produce a list of handlers which have been modified.

It would be a little tricky to write because we can't currently have two
stacks open with the same name, but I think it may be doable using
something like this:

The tool would create an array with object references as the primary key
and handler names as the secondary key, where the value is the handler
definition itself.

Then after it completes a scan of a given stack, it then goes through
the other version and compares the same handler definitions, noting
changes, missing items, and new items, and produces a clickable list of
changes that could take the developer to the script in question.

I'll add this to my "To Do" list; seems like it would be useful.....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World