StdOut on Windows

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 13:28:08 EST 2012

Hey, not sure this is an acceptable method but.. If you have control of the
target system and can install unxutils, then you can build a standalone
that does a "write whatever to stdout"

If you run it with the -ui parameters, as you've seen nothing appears on
screen. But if you pipe to cat, viola' It works.

timeout -ui |cat

I had noticed in the console logs that SOMETHING was occuring (an error
crops up when a livecode app that does stdout is run) and on a whim did a
redirect to a file and the file actually did end up with the stuff from
stdout.
(timeout > tempfile) so figured being able to pipe it to a well mannered
utility like cat might work.

The cool thing is that once unxutils are installed you then have access to
grep, agrep and lots of other nifty things.
If you want to check out these utils they can be found at *
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/*