Scrolling and multiTouch

Michael Doub mike at doub.com
Sun Jan 22 08:16:29 EST 2012

I am trying to understand how multitouch scrolling and selection work together.   Here is the problem I am trying to solve:

1) the user takes a picture where the picture is larger than the screen.
2) the user needs to both scroll the picture and resize it with pinch to zoom
3) once the correct part of the image is in the screen, a selection needs to be made to capture the
color of a specific part of the image.
4) then match this color to a non-rgb color pallet

Well I have the number 1 and 4 parts of the app working.  Does anyone have an example of how to
manage scrolling and pinch to zoom?

I don't know how to do this yet but I am thinking that I need to set up the scroller to match the image after the picture is taken then when
a multitouch is detected disable the scroller, then resize the image and then reinitialize the scroller.  I am not sure
how to go about getting into "Selection" mode.   I would like to avoid having a special mode, but don't
have any ideas how to separate selection from scrolling.

Any examples or advise would be welcome.

Regards,
   Mike