Application quit on OS X

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jan 20 13:14:06 EST 2012

On 1/20/12 11:23 AM, Pete wrote:

> As far as I can tell, all Mac applications work this way.  Closing the last
> open window in the app and quitting it are two different activities.  Even
> the Livecode IDE works that way on a Mac.

Apple says that if your app has only a single window and is a utility (I
think, can't exact recall), the app should quit when the window is
closed. System Preferences works that way. But for most of us, that
doesn't apply.

The fix is to open an invisible "anchor" stack, either with its vis set
to false, or just placed offscreen. You don't need to do that on any OS
other than Mac, because everybody else expects the app to quit when the
last window is closed.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com